Breaking Depression – 1 in 4 people will be personally affected by mental health problems, such as depression, during their lives
About this project
Janssen, together with EUFAMI and GAMIAN are developing practical resources to help people living with depression and family carers to have productive conversations with their doctors. In order for these to be useful, we want to understand the real-life experiences of people living with depression.
To do this, we are interviewing people living with depression, family carers and healthcare professionals. The topics that will be discussed with people living with depression include:
- The first time your loved one talked about depression with a doctor or specialist
- Your experience of your loved one’s diagnosis
- Treatment and symptom management
- Advice you have for others in these situations
How would the interview work?
- The virtual interview will be no longer than 1-hour and will take place w/c 19 July (exact date is still TBC). It will likely take place via phone, unless you have a specific preference for an alternative platform.
- The interview questions will be shared ahead of the call.
- You will be interviewed in English by a representative from Langland, a communications agency based in London supporting Janssen with the project roll-out. The call will be recorded for the purpose of insight gathering and notetaking. The recording will be deleted 6 weeks after the interview.
- The insights gathered from the interview will inform the educational resources we will create. All responses you provide will be anonymised and will not be attached to identifiable factors, such as your name or profession.
If you are interested in participating in this project please read the invitation attached to this email carefully and contact EUFAMI Executive Director Mr John Saunders directly by Friday 23rd July 2021 at email@example.com.
This is an important project and your help and involvement will be greatly appreciated.