Vacancy – Executive Director
EUFAMI wishes to invite applications for the post of:
to lead the organisation into its next phase of development, expanding and supporting its membership, deepening its influence in the field of mental health policy and building on its reputation as the advocate of family caregivers. This post is offered on a 2-year fixed term contract. Salary is negotiable and dependent on experience. The Executive Director will report to the EUFAMI President.
Location: Currently Leuven, Belgium but may change to Brussels
Salary (pro rata): Salary is negotiable and dependent on experience
Hours per week: Initially 3 days per week, with an option to rise to 5 days per week
Role and responsibilities:
- Implement EUFAMI’s agreed Strategic Plan
- Develop and implement a realistic and tangible plan to ensure long term financial stability for the organisation
- Manage programme and project activities
- Manage finance and human resources
- Represent EUFAMI externally
The successful Candidate will demonstrate:
- A successful track record in senior management in a comparable organisation
- Proven track record and expertise in innovative methods of fundraising and management of financial partnership with funders, both commercial and EU bodies/EU programmes
- Good working knowledge and understanding of mental health issues and policies affecting European countries and organisations
- Excellent all round communication skills and abilities, and management of partnerships with stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively with a Board of Directors and President and with a network of member associations
- Ability to communicate in two or more European languages (including English)
The application process will require submission of a full Curriculum Vitae; together with a statement as to how you would approach the role and the specific professional and personal attributes you would bring to it.
Our aim is to have the recruitment process completed and a successful candidate appointed by the end of 2019. In order to achieve this objective, we intend to be as interactive as is necessary from the time we receive any application which we feel could fill the position. Therefore we will process appropriate applications as we receive them. Please email your application with CV to the EUFAMI President President@eufami.org.